The hustle and bustle of the holiday season has many people frantically dashing from one place to another, checking items off their to-do lists and stressing about extra expenses. It’s easy to fall in line with the norm this time of year – many people are stressed out!
What would happen if we could find a way to simplify the holiday season? What could you do differently to bring more peace and less stress into your life this time of year? Here are a few tips:
- Give yourself a break and allow yourself to be “perfectly imperfect” when it comes to gift wrapping, Christmas decorations, gift choices and a clean house
- Ask for more help around the house
- Say no to an event or two
- Pause for a mindful moment when the opportunity arises such as waiting in line at a store, driving in your car or before you get out of bed in the morning
- Find a few small opportunities for reflection, meditation and/or journaling – 5 minutes is better than none!
- Snuggle with a family member
- And, if the holidays are a lonely time of year for you, consider who you could call or visit to bring some positivity into your life
The holidays can be filled with joy and love rather than anxiety and frustration. My wish for you is that you are able to take some small steps to simplify your holiday season. Enjoy this time of year and take each day as it comes – one day at a time.
Sending holiday blessings to you and your family!