As we navigate life we are exposed to so much technology, information, scheduling demands, family drama, and our own limiting beliefs. This can all be very heavy on our heart. The busy-ness keeps us on a cognitive superhighway – stuck in our minds. Pushing… Pushing through day by day.
Maybe health issues arise – anxiety, depression, high blood pressure – and we medicate, we try to “think” our way to a solution. We are challenged to find the time to meet with a doctor, counselor, coach, or any one of our many healers in the world. Too busy for our own well being.
The world feels like it’s on overdrive — high speed, faster, more… more… more! When do we pay attention to what our heart wants? Are we ignoring the calls of our heart? No time for that squishy stuff!?
Maybe we pray for change, but then we do not stop long enough to recognize the signs God, the Universe or our higher power are presenting to us.
There is more to life than work. As I write this statement, I know this is an area that requires continued focus for me. I am making the time to work with my own coach and healers to connect more deeply with my inner wisdom. The challenge is that I feel so passionate about making a positive difference and helping people, that I over-commit and feel the need to keep pushing myself. What does my own heart want? Rest. Peace. Relaxation.
Here are some suggestions for small steps you can take to begin to find peace in your own life:
- Connect with a positive friend or family member
- Take 10 minutes to pause and care for yourself (e.g. journaling, meditation)
- Explore the world around you, the people in your life, the people who need you (recognize who needs you and why your self care is important)
- Consider what you are grateful for — your ability to read this post for example (the things you are grateful for do not need to be over the top)
- Pay attention to the signs your body gives you and gently explore the emotions or physical symptoms that are coming up — what do you need to know?
It’s so beautiful to see the journey we all take in this lifetime– learning from each other, supporting each other. As I said last month, the Synchronicity of Life amazes me! What does your heart want? How can you connect and hear what YOU need? What signs is life giving you? What do you need to pay attention to? If you could have anything you wanted for yourself and your own well being in 2019, what would that be?
Sending you love, light and peace.